We are LOVING running our first online course Vector Charting for Crochet. Starting at the beginning, we are covering how to make crochet charts in Indesign and Inkscape for print and online patterns.
To give you a taster, here is one of the sessions for making charts, so you can see what the course is all about!
To start making your first chart, you need to gather a couple of things to get going:
- Your vector illustration programme of choice (Adobe Illustrator as part of Creative Cloud is our preferred option, but Inkscape is free)
- A download of the font Adriprints Stitchin Crochet Pro installed on your computer.
- The pdf guide to the font, so you know where the stitches fall on the keyboard. You can download it here if you don't have it: Stitchin Crochet Pro PDF.pdf
- Ideally, a hand-sketched version of the chart, especially if you are charting for someone else.
- The pattern text for the chart